Return of barrack bedding and furniture at Oswegatchee and Fort William Augustus : 25th April 1773
1773
MSS L1988.190.255
Available at Main Library
Formats
| Format | |
|---|---|
| BibTeX | |
| MARCXML | |
| TextMARC | |
| MARC | |
| DublinCore | |
| EndNote | |
| NLM | |
| RefWorks | |
| RIS | |
Title
Return of barrack bedding and furniture at Oswegatchee and Fort William Augustus : 25th April 1773
Published
Oswegatchie [N.Y.] 1773
Description
1 item. 21 x 33 cm. obl. folio
Call Number
MSS L1988.190.255
Note
No William Patterson appears in the British Army List for 1772 or 1773 other than one stationed at Gibraltar. In 1768, one William Patterson came to America and served in 1775 at Crown Point; in 1776, he joined the army and served with Capt Frazer [i.e., Simon Fraser?] as guide -- see Ken Annett. Loyalist Claims by Gaspasian residents. At least three different men of that name served in the Continental Army in later years. The identity of this William Patterson is uncertain.
Twenty-one columns list supplies in addition to bedding such as rugs, dog irons, shovels, iron pots, buckets, axes, scythes, cords of wood, pounds of hay, and candles.
Context: Oswegatchee is near Mount Independence (Vt.), which was then part of New York State. Fort William Augustus, built originally by the French on Isle Royale, surrendered to the British under General Amherst in 1760 and was rebuilt and renamed Fort William Augustus.
On verso: Oswegh. 25th April 1773.
At lower left: Remarks -- Buildings habitable from the repairs done to them last summer Bedding all worn out except 31 set[s]. Axes all worn out. Furniture out of repair. Fire wood, candles, hay good in their kind
Watermark: GR with crest
Twenty-one columns list supplies in addition to bedding such as rugs, dog irons, shovels, iron pots, buckets, axes, scythes, cords of wood, pounds of hay, and candles.
Context: Oswegatchee is near Mount Independence (Vt.), which was then part of New York State. Fort William Augustus, built originally by the French on Isle Royale, surrendered to the British under General Amherst in 1760 and was rebuilt and renamed Fort William Augustus.
On verso: Oswegh. 25th April 1773.
At lower left: Remarks -- Buildings habitable from the repairs done to them last summer Bedding all worn out except 31 set[s]. Axes all worn out. Furniture out of repair. Fire wood, candles, hay good in their kind
Watermark: GR with crest
Added Author
Added Corporate Author
Record Appears in